“There are lots of good people brought into leadership teams that are poor leaders. A great teacher doesn’t necessarily make a great leader.”
Mal Krishnasamy is an Educational Consultant & Coach.
With almost 20 years experience in education as a teacher, middle leader, then Senior Assistant Principal across a multi-academy trust, she’s seen it all.
Being an assertive leader means being able to stand up for your own or other people’s rights in a calm and positive way, without being either aggressive or passive.
In this episode full of practical strategies to be assertive (without being aggressive or passive), Mal shares:
- why assertive leadership is so vital in schools now
- the one thing a healthy school culture boils down to
- how knowing your values can help you be a more assertive and effective leader
- why working in a toxic culture is so bad for your wellbeing and what to do about it
- the skills needed to have difficult conversations without being aggressive,
- why leaving issues unresolved contributes to an unhealthy and unhappy school culture
- what to do if you’re a “people pleaser”
- and much more!
“Many people worry that if you have a difficult conversation, it’s like East Enders you’re going to be found under a patio somewhere! When you’ve got the tools, it’s much easier.”
You can connect with Mal:
Her Website where you can find out more about her Assertive Leadership Coaching Courses