“Do we ever need to return to the way things were? Could this not be an opportunity for us to come together as a single team and to properly consider what it actually takes for a school to progress and develop?”
Ruth Davies is the President of the National Association of Headteachers (NAHT) and the headteacher of Waunarlwydd Primary school in Wales.
In this powerful and wide-ranging episode, Ruth shares her thoughts on:
- What this period of crisis has taught us
- How leaders can take care of their own wellbeing
- The hidden threat in high stakes accountability measures
- How to approach the current obsession of ‘catching up’
- Why academic achievement shouldn’t be the top priority right now
- A true understanding and appreciation of what schools are really about
- Why it’s critical to develop confidence as a school leader
- The biggest challenge to school leaders
- And so much more!
You can connect with Ruth:
The NAHT website is www.naht.org.uk