Lucy Rose co-founded “Flexible Teacher Talent” with Lindsay Patience.
They are passionate about normalising flexible working in schools in order to retain effective teachers and leaders.
In this insightful and practical episode, Lindsay talks about:
- The “Motherhood Penalty”
- What schools can do to stop haemorrhaging great staff
- The one simple thing a Headteacher can do when considering flexible teaching
- The three things that stop Headteachers from allowing flexibility and how to address each of them
- The biggest thing that affects whether a school will take on flexibility or not
- Key things to consider when working flexibly
- And much more!
Lucy joined the profession as an early Teach First participant in 2004 and progressed to Assistant Headteacher. She is currently teaching English part-time in a London comprehensive school and has undertaken research on flexible working as part of the Teach First Innovation Series.
You can connect with Lucy and Flexible Teacher Talent:
On Twitter @FlexTeachTalent
Their website www.flexibleteachertalent.co.uk
Other people and organisations Lucy mentioned in this episode are:
Emma Shepherd Maternity Teacher, Paternity Teacher
Maternity Teacher @maternityCPD
John Taylor Free School in Bolton Head Teacher Sue Plant, pioneer of flexible working.
Capability Jane Guide to Job Sharing at a Senior Level
EdVal Timetabling software