“What we need to remember is that effectively, we are just well-dressed neanderthals.”
This is an episode with a difference!
What does a survival specialist know about the struggles of teachers or leaders right now? How can nature help us when we’re feeling exhausted, overwhelmed, or just fed up?
Quite a lot as it happens!
Mental Health Awareness Week is May 10-16, and the theme this year is Nature.
Toby Cowern has lived in the North of Sweden for the last 15 years. He fuses nature engagement, applied wilderness and urban survival skills. He’s also a Certified Facilitator in Lego® Serious Play®.
In this fascinating and practical episode, Toby shares:
- How our connection to nature is hardwired into us.
- Why so many of us found ourselves ‘sleepwalking into the natural environment’ during lockdown.
- How nature can bring us sanctuary, peace and calm.
- How we can weave nature into our daily lives, especially in urban environments.
- A simple practice we can do over a cup of tea.
- The key to developing a deeper connection to nature.
- Why it’s important to recognise that a lot of people are feeling like you are.
- How layers of fatigue are building without our normal ability to wash them away, and how nature can help us with this.
- Why now, more than ever, it’s so important to get the fundamentals right (good nutrition, hydration, movement and sleep). Not for some ‘namby-pamby’ reason, but because our nervous system desperately needs it.
- And so much more…
“We are a part of the natural world. Stop separating yourself from it.”
You can connect with Toby: