Staffrooms have a vital role to play in schools. They’re normally the hub of the staff community and a place to eat, drink, work, socialise and rest. So what can we do without them, or with limited access to one?
Kimberley Evans started Nourish the Workplace to gives schools the tools they need to prioritise and celebrate staff wellbeing.
In this conversation, Kimberley shares her ideas on:
- The importance of the staffroom, now more than ever.
- How to adjust the staffroom in a time of physical distancing, to avoid ‘social distancing’ of the staff.
- The most important question for SLT to ask staff every few weeks.
- How to deal are the ‘pinch points’ in the school and school day.
- Why communication is key.
- Why making the effort, taking the time and investing a little bit of money in wellbeing measures now, will pay dividends in the long term.
- Creative ways to work with the PTA, families and wider community to support staff.
- Why prioritising wellbeing is vitally important now, to reduce the risk of sickness absences across the staff.
- The 3 R’s of wellbeing – Rest, Refuel, Recharge.
- And much more!
Kimberley began her teaching career over 20 years ago.
She left teaching 2 years ago to set up Nourish the Workplace to make a difference in the profession she loves. After seeing many people leave education due to unhappiness and workload she made a commitment to show schools how easy it is to improve staff wellbeing.
Connect with Kimberley:
Her website is www.nourishtheworkplace.com
Download her free Staffroom guide from her website while you’re there too.