“We’re all going to fail. Spoiler alert.
It’s how we engage with failure that’s important. Ask yourself: what can I learn from this? How can I use this knowledge?”
Sam Moinet is a former History teacher and the founder of ‘Student Breakthrough’. As an international speaker and coach, his aim is to transform emotional support for young people and create lasting change for future generations.
In this episode, Sam shares his journey into teaching, and out of it as he discovers his passion for student wellbeing through his own painful journey.
- How a medical diagnosis cut short his dreams of a military career
- How he became a reluctant teacher
- What changed him from ‘dipping his toe in the water’ professionally, to ‘cannonballing’ back into teaching
- What he started to recognise in his students that concerned him
- What he did to help them, whilst still teaching
- And ultimately why he left and set up his own coaching program for children and young people leading the revolution in student well-being”
- He shares the 3 B’s of well-being coaching that can help you as a teacher or leader, or help you help your students.
- And much more.
You can connect with Sam:
His website is www.studentbreakthrough.com