“I heard a Headteacher on the radio say “I can’t go on”, and thought, we’ve got to do something about this now. (But) how do you actually make a difference to the wellbeing of your Headteacher? That’s when I came up with the idea of the short Sabbatical.”
Anne Hudson is a human resource professional with over 25 year’s experience in HR, much of it working in education with schools.
In this short and incredibly practical episode, Anne shares her thoughts on:
- The two likely outcomes if we do nothing to support Headteachers
- How and why she believes a short sabbatical can help
- Why 2-3 weeks is the ideal length
- The difference between a sabbatical and a holiday
- Important contractual considerations, such as why it should be paid
- When is the best time to take a short sabbatical
- How to plan for it and what it should include
- How to communicate to staff and colleagues
- And much more.
Anne has prepared some key documents to help you consider and implement a short Sabbatical for your Headteacher. Please contact her directly using her email below.
And I, as a coach, have prepared two coaching sessions specifically to bookend your Sabbatical, to ensure it achieves your intended purpose. Please contact me directly at email@example.com
You can connect with Anne:
Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org