There are quotes from ancient history, where Socrates is having difficulty teaching boys. There are age-old challenges and in this podcast, Mark shares 5 strategies that teachers can use to help manage boys with challenging behaviour. And by extension, support their own wellbeing. Pupil behaviour is the second highest reason why teachers leave the profession (behind workload), so it’s a timely and important topic to discuss.
Mark Goodwin is a behavioural specialist and the founder of Equal Parts Education, delivering turnaround programmes to permanently excluded young people.
He was a teacher, school leader, trainer & coach for 20 years.
In this compassionate conversation, Mark shares:
- His philosophy to always ‘get upstream’ of the problem
- Why it’s so important to find out their interests
- The key thing to look for in your planning
- How to see the best part of them
- Why it can help to appeal to his better nature
- Why it’s crucial to have high expectations
- Dealing with shame, embarrassment and low self-esteem
- And much more!
You can connect with Mark:
And download his free guide “Your school boy lesson”.