“If we all come together, we become collaboratively responsible for every child, in every school, being successful.”
Alison Kriel is the founder of the newly launched ‘Above & Beyond Education’ – a social media platform for all educators and schools to celebrate, connect, support, grow and collaborate to make every school into a great school.
Alison was an inner-city Executive Head Teacher for nearly 20 years and a CEO for 5 years. She has a passion for social justice leadership, wellbeing, equity, inclusion and diversity.
In this episode, she shares:
- Her powerful vision for the new platform (incidentally, that she personally funded from scratch.)
- Where the idea came from and why Marcus Rashford is such an inspiration.
- The powerful ways the platform ‘will be a space to share what we’re doing brilliantly. To celebrate each other a whole lot more.’
- Why it’s so important to have a place ‘to hold professional conversations, outside of our own schools and communities’.
- How to ‘flip the narrative and celebrate schools as the glue that holds communities together’.
- How to deal with perfectionism, and why it’s so harmful to us, our children, and our school culture.
- And much more!
Above & Beyond Education is free for schools and school staff to join (and how it will be monetised by consultants, service providers and innovators)
“People are apologetic for everything they are not doing, at the cost of not celebrating everything they’re doing so well.”
You can connect with Alison:
Her website is alisonkriel.com
Her new platform is aboveandbeyond.education
Also mentioned in this podcast is Marcus Rashford