Please note: in this episode Ross shares his personal story of being a sexual abuse survivor, which some people may find upsetting.
“We cannot have a world-class education system on a shoestring budget. It’s as simple as that. Quality of teaching matters.”
Ross McGill is an experienced senior teacher with a career-history spanning 25+ years working in state schools across London. He is the founder of Teacher Toolkit and is an award-winning teacher, author and blogger.
In this wide-ranging episode, Ross shares his:
- Tips for a happier working life;
- Ideas for taking care of teacher wellbeing in challenging times;
- Experiences of life as a teacher and school leader;
- Insights into life as a blogger and becoming an “accidental entrepreneur”;
- Insights from his huge social media presence;
- Research and writing;
- Experience of being a sexual abuse survivor;
- And much more.
In 2015, Ross was nominated as one of the ‘500 Most Influential People in Britain’ for his influence on education with his blog and resources having reached over 11 million people.
And he’s the author of 7 books, including:
- Just Great Teaching
- Mark. Plan. Teach
- 60-Second CPD and more, which you can find on his website and Amazon.
He is currently training teachers and studying for his doctorate at Cambridge University.
You can connect with Ross: